Using mindful awareness and compassion, RamDev walks listeners through the pathways to emotional freedom.
Check out Ram Dev’s new online course, A Practical Guide to Freedom: The Stages of Awakening, where you will come away with the wisdom and practices to integrate and embody the stages of the spiritual path so you can begin to surrender into the boundless nature of the heart.
“There comes a point in spiritual practice where suffering becomes grace.” – RamDev
This time on Healing at the Edge, Ram Dev looks into:
- Using emotions to dive into deeper parts of ourselves
- Peeling through the layers of emotions
- Ways to be with our emotions
- Being with our sensations without getting lost in the story
- Love and the ability to forgive
- I am afraid versus I have fear
- Creating space between the emotion and the one who observes
- The superego (our inner judge, jury, and executioner)
- Embodied mindfulness and compassion
- Having compassion for our emotional demons
- Tantra and all emotions as awakened energy
- Turning obstacles into practice and presence
- The benefits of anxiety, anger, and sadness
- The sacred nature of all experiences
“With attention, with being centered, we move from being reactive to a place where we can be with an emotion without either automatically pushing it away or automatically getting lost in that.” – RamDev
About RamDev Dale Borglum:
RamDev Dale Borglum is the founder and Executive Director of the Living/Dying Project in the San Francisco Bay Area. He is a pioneer in the conscious dying movement and has worked directly with thousands of people with life-threatening illnesses and their families for over 30 years. In 1981, Dale founded the first residential facility in the United States, The Dying Center, for people who wished to die consciously. His life’s work and passion has been and continues to be the healing of our individual and collective relationship with death and using our mortality as an inspiration for spiritual awakening.
Listen to more from RamDev Dale Borglum:
RamDev talks about how the current state of the world is uncovering so many opportunities for practice, in Healing at the Edge Ep. 48
RamDev gives a dharma talk about cultivating enough faith to face things as they are, and leads a meditation centered on the power of the grounding breath, in Healing at the Edge Ep. 49.
Building a bridge from separation to connection, RamDev offers practices for staying grounded, working with emotions like grief, and transmuting fear into love, in Healing at the Edge Ep. 67.
RamDev shares stories of his time with Ram Dass from the early days of the satsang, and reflects on what Ram Dass meant to him as a teacher and friend, in Healing at the Edge Ep. 42.
RamDev shares a dharma talk on how we can ease our suffering by offering compassion to our fear, in Healing a the Edge Ep. 46.